Scary thought for the day…..

Does your district have a website?  I thought so.  If I looked around on your website would I be able to find the Transition and Employment Guide?  If I can’t, then your district is in violation of Section 29.0112(e), which requires districts that have a website to “Post the transition and employment guide on the district’s website.”

This is the kind of obscure legislative mandate that can trip you up if you are in a dispute with a parent over the transition services a student is receiving.

So check your website. I’ve looked at hundreds of school district websites and I don’t think I’ve ever come across this document. Here it is in pdf format:


File this one under: SPECIAL EDUCATION

Tomorrow: How a UBA can become an LBA.